Dartmoor Whisky Distillery invites you to come and visit Devon’s only whisky distillery and learn how single malt whisky is made, from barley field to nosing glass in our Whisky Tasting Experience.
This tasting experience is the perfect afternoon activity for any whisky lover, a group of friends or family visiting the area, a birthday or celebration, or would make an amazing gift any time of the year.
The Dartmoor Whisky Tasting Experience
Upon entering the distillery, you will be welcomed by our founder Greg or one of his team and shown to your table. Laid before you will be a flight of our whisky expressions, but you must hold back, for we will go through a guided tasting together later on…
We begin the session with our brand new entertaining and educational film which showcases the full story of Dartmoor Whisky Distillery, from idea to today. The 30 minute video follows the story of our still, our building renovation, and shows you the various stages of how Dartmoor Whisky is made.
After the video, you will then be shown through a guided tasting of the whisky expressions we have released so far, with a chance to discuss with the other participants and ask questions to members of our team. You will try our three single malt expressions which are all individually aged in Ex-Bourbon, Bordeaux Red Wine and Oloroso Sherry casks. Each whisky expression takes on a unique colour and flavour profile from the cask, which we will explain in more detail during the tasting with you.
Once the tasting is complete, you will then be given £5 off any bottle that you buy on the day to take home a souvenir of your visit to share with friends and loved ones (or not!)
Please note that for people who don’t wish to try our whisky or are designated drivers, the ticket price includes a soft drink. Please make yourself known to the team on arrival.
The tasting experience includes a 30-minute video presentation where you will;
- Learn the craft of whisky distillation and understand how whisky is made
- Hear about the history of Dartmoor Whisky Distillery and the story of our magnificent antique copper still
- Discover the heritage of Dartmoor National Park and the various qualities that the natural geology brings to the flavour and quality of our whisky
- Discover different barrel ageing techniques and their effect on flavour
- Feel the warmth of the roaring still in action (when distilling)
You will also experience;
- Taste three single malt whisky expressions in a guided tasting
- Have the opportunity to ask questions to our team
- Share tasting notes and thoughts with other visitors
- Receive a £5 discount on any 70cl bottle bought on the day (only redeemable on day of tour)