The Goods Shed (YHA Okehampton) is part of the YHA network in south-west England.
It is well situated to take advantage of the highest peaks and the most remote areas in southern England, as these are all within walking distance of the Youth Hostel.
The Goods Shed hosts Adventure Okehampton’s Activity centre, as well as offering accommodation in 26 bedrooms with full central heating. The Goods Shed at YHA Okehampton is proud to hold the English Tourism Council 3 star Activity Accommodation badge.
Opening hours: The bookings office is normally open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and Reception is open 8-10am and 5-10pm (8pm in low season) for checking-in. During school holidays the building is accessible throughout the day.
The site is situated within large enclosed grounds with single entry for extra security
- 26 bedrooms
- Bunk rooms with 2, 4 or 6 beds
- Family rooms with 4, 5 or 6 beds, some with en-suite shower and toilet facilities
- Two family rooms have a double bed size lower bunkbed
- Resident warden is present on-site
- Self Catering Kitchen
- Restaurant with licensed bar (In low season prior booking is required for catering)
- Other facilities at The Goods Shed
- Bicycle hire available on-site
- Outside seating area with picnic tables
- Hostel shop selling confectionery and drinks, books, guides and maps, gifts, etc
- Conference room with projection facilities suitable for DVD or powerpoint presentations
- Games room with table football, pool table and table tennis
- External Marquee with seating areas (summer only)
- 2 Drying rooms
- Secure cycle shed
- Surfaced Parking for cars and minibuses
- Camp site with use of hostel facilities
- Campfire area (bring your own wood)
Adventure Okehampton facilities at The Goods Shed
- Low Ropes Course (must be supervised by instructor: book in advance)
- Climbing Wall (must be supervised by instructor: book in advance)
- 2 Archery Ranges (must be supervised by instructor: book in advance)
- Team Games & equipment (must be supervised by instructor: book in advance)